Atoms are very small things. They consist of a proton neutron nucleus and a field of surrounding electrons. The nucleus and the electrons are even smaller still. Relative to their size, the distances between them are gigantically massive. This leads some to wonder how it is that they can even sit on a chair, when the probability of an atomic component from your body colliding with an atomic component of the chair is so infinitesimally small. But don't worry, when you next sit in a chair it will hold you up. It is the energy that keeps them together that is so strong is keeps everyone from passing by one another.
The components of my mental life currently feel like the nucleus and the electrons, spaced unbelievably far apart. The pieces of my mind are being pulled away from each other by all of the work I have to do and the obligations I hold. At times I fear that they may eventually drift apart from one another and leave me insensible.
But, today I go down to SD, to visit my super-awesome wife. You know what she is? An atom smasher. She will put my mind back together at very high velocities. She is wonderful.
OK, now to catch a bus to take me to a train to take me to a plane that takes me to her.
Friday, January 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

That's quite a trip! I'm trying to figure out where that train fits in...
ReplyDeleteOops! That was supposed to say BUS to a train to a plane. I take the bus to downtown, then a light rail train that goes to the airport, and then a plane. Oy, so glad I don't have to take a PLANE to a bus to a train. I'm going to fix it now, so it doesn't say that.
ReplyDelete