Monday, November 16, 2009

Smackdown!

Goddammit, the rain wins. The weather forecast: 80%-60% chance of rain, for 5 days straight, highs around 45 F. Today was an 80% chance of rain day, and as far as I can tell it rained 100% of the time. Downhill streets had waterfalls! My rainproof stuff is pretty darn rainproof, but with 4 bike trips in the rain and one high wind dragonboating session, they were pushed to the max, and perhaps leaked a little.

This weekend involved another fantastically awesomely super-duper wicked visit from Bridget, which ultimately always ends in a horrible, terrible, gut-wrenching, tear-jerking departure back to SD. This time it was really tough. Last night I woke up in the middle of the night and was really confused about why she wasn't there - and then I remembered she had left and got sad. Pooh. I WANT IT TO BE OVER! But, sadly there are many more months of this.

However, while she was up, I got an awesome package of birthday gifts in the mail from my in-laws! The birthday never ends!!! Here is a photo of some of the excitement:


Pictured in the bottom-right corner are the chocolate chip love cookies - I made these for Bridget on Friday (love = pink food dye). They are the first batch of cookies I have ever made! What's next? Digital domination. An especially exciting gift (although ALL of the gifts were exciting) was new rain pants, which will help in crappy weather like this!

It should be noted that I was not the only one who had fun at this birthday party:


Also this weekend, I constructed a Plesiosaurus and a Tyrannosaurus Rex, from Japanese blocks that my brother in law, Jon, got me for my birthday. Thank you, Klest family, for all of your awesomeness!

But otherwise, this week is a busy work week. So, I'd better go do some work.

1 comment:

  1. The pics of your cats just made me laugh so much! They'll keep me going...they are so lovely and heartly touchable.

    ReplyDelete