Today, I got something very exciting in the mail. Inside a Canada Post Xpresspost envelope was a DVD and an envelope. The DVD was "Class of 1999". The envelope had a very interesting collection of words strung into semi-meaningful/semi-meaningless combinations. Inside the envelope was a Salvador Dali card. Inside the card was a drawing of a man being impaled on a stick, a photo of a 4-month-old baby, and a nice note from a good friend.
Who would send such an awesome assortment? There is only one in this world: Greg Toller.
Greg Toller is great in so many ways. What is so awesome about this gift is the collection itself: a B science fiction/horror film, a sentimental note, a violent hand-made drawing, and a picture of Greg and Hilary's adorable baby. Getting all of these things in one package reminds me that all is right in the world.
Greg has probably watched Class of 1999 twenty-million times. He discovered it in high school, along with the infamous THINGS. I myself have only seen it once, a long time ago, and I don't remember much about it. Greg and I like the same kinds of movies, so I know it will be a great one. Plus, much of the film was shot in Seattle, and the school pictured in the movie is only a couple blocks away from my house! So that is also fun.
Greg and Hilary's baby is also one of the most exciting things in the world. In this particular picture he appears to be discovering the use of his arms as thing that can stick out. An important skill to have in today's hustle-and-bustle world.
On Saturday night, after flying home from San Diego, I also watched "Virus", a movie that Greg sent me a few months ago (on a double feature disc, along with "Galaxy Invader"). Virus was great, in that special, awful way - an interesting plot line, but put together really, really badly. Fully enjoyable. Apparently it was also the most expensive Japanese movie ever made at the time of its release (1980). You would hardly be able to tell by watching it, though. Not sure what cost so much...
Greg Toller also turned 31 on Saturday, March 27th. So not only is he awesome, he's also old.
Thanks for being such a good friend, Greg! I hope you and the IKman die a fiery death in each other's arms.
Monday, March 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment