This also coincided with the Georgetown Art Attack (lots of local studios open for free viewing), and Fantagraphics' annual sidewalk sale. Fantagraphics is a super cool comic store (way hipper than Bookland in Kingston). I had never been to Fantagraphics before, but Brandon has told me much about it since moving to Seattle. He probably would have purchased $200 worth of comics while he was there. Brandon, this photo's for you:
Here is a special shot of E & K posing inside the store. While they were posing, an employee walked up to them and told them "You know, [that particular artist] will be here next week promoting his new stuff." They had to contain their laughter, as they actually don't really give a shit. Here they are doing just that:
And finally, I have to make a special announcement about how totally awesome Emily is. A few years ago, I started collecting the U.S. state quarters. I got them all, and even got a special leather booklet to hold them all in. Then, in 2009, they decided released MORE: Washington D.C., and the territories and protectorates (e.g., Guam). Since findings this out I have collected all of them except one: Puerto Rico. For the longest time, I could not find it anywhere! And trust me, I see a lot of quarters, since I need them for laundry. I told friends to watch out for the elusive Puerto Rico, including Emily. Well, last night she presented it to me! She had got it in change at a campus cafe. Incredible, no?! Emily could have kept the rare find for herself and had all of the glory, but she gave it to me instead. That is the mark of a good friend. Well, without further ado, here it is in all of its glory:
But alas, as I was looking up info on the state quarters just now, I discovered that I am still missing one - the U.S. Virgin Islands! Oy, I thought I had that one, but I don't! This makes me a sad bear. Well, it's always good to have a goal. If you see it, save it for me.

No comments:
Post a Comment