1) this is the first race I have run alone
2) this is the first race I have run in the 30-39 age range
3) this was my fastest pace ever!
I finished in 21:10, which is a 6:50 min/mile pace. My fastest time before that was 7:30, over one and a half years ago. Today I was 33rd/272 for the male 30-39 division, 91st/788 for males overall, and 108th/2219 for all runners overall. There are a lot of serious runners in Seattle, so I feel pretty proud to have beat so many! But more proud just to have beaten my best time, without even really training for it. Next 5K imma prepare for and do even better.
For those of you who don't know, Top Pot is a Seattle chain of gourmet, handmade doughnuts. They are a very dangerous place for me to visit, as my love for doughnuts knows no bounds. At the end of the race, everyone got a free Top Pot doughnut, so that was totally awesome (choices: sour-cream cake glazed or double-trouble chocolate with sprinkles; the first of these is pictured on the right, below).

A doughnut story: When I went to get mine, the guy said "Take as many doughnuts as you want, man, you deserve it." So, I took two (one of each, of course). Then, after eating one, I went back and got two more (one for later, and one to give to Emily and Karen; one of each, again). I finished my second one as I stretched and then had two doughnuts in my hand. Then, over the sound system, the announcer apologetically announced that they had "run out doughnuts", and that "apparently some people must have taken two!" Well, I had taken four. Seconds later I gave one of them to a pretty woman requesting one for a little girl (liar), and then I had one, so I didn't look like a cheater. I did give that one to E&K later. Oh well, not my fault - and people should run faster if they are serious about getting a doughnut!
Today was also exciting because I looked at two rentals in Queen Anne for me and Bridget to live in! Yay! It is very exciting to think about that imminent future. Me and E&K looked at two places today, both 3 bedroom/1 bath places. The first place was a house with a yard, and seems absolutley perfect for us. I really hope we get that one, but we'll just have to wait and see! Oy, nerve-wracking. The second place is in a less desirable area, but was actually a pretty nice place. A little more expesnive than the first place, and a duplex, and some other detractors. I shall wait to hear about the first place before I decide to apply to the second.
Finally, last night I watched an incredibly insane and terrifying film: Antichrist. This movie deeply affected me: the mood and ambiance alone accounted for 90% of my terror. Throw some insanely horrific violence on top, and have the movie make very little sense, and you've got a dark and disturbing winner. This is probably one of the best movies I have seen in a long time, though there are very few I could recommend it to. Watch it if you dare!

that film was made by lars von trier. remember when i convinced you to watch his film 'the idiots' by telling you it was a comedy? haha. actually, i really did think it was mostly supposed to be funny.
ReplyDelete