Monday, May 3, 2010

My wife is AWESOME

I just got home from an awesome weekend with my super-incredibly-awesome wifey-wife! (well, when I say just got home I mean: arrived in Seattle at 11:30 am, went straight to work, ran a baby that was not worth running, got stood up by another baby, took the bus home, and ate a burrito)

This weekend, Bridget and I redeemed our free passes to Disneyland from our Give a Day, Get a Disney Day volunteering escapade! This time we BOTH got to get into Disneyland for free, which was stupendous. We drove up on Saturday morning, and drove back that night. It was a pretty busy day: we went on 19 rides/attractions, 16 of which were unique. The repeats were: Matterhorn Bobsleds (n = 2) and Indiana Jones (n = 3). Indiana Jones is really quite an awesome ride. The Matterhorn is mind-blowing! It's a Small World continues to baffle. We also got to see Captain EO, which had returned to Disneyland after a long hiatus - that was pretty incredible in itself. Overall, I'd venture that our day at Disneyland ranked high among the all-time super-fantastic days of my life.

One of these reasons was because I was there with my WIFE. Now, I know you all that I love her ultimately; I married her after all, and I'm sure most of you reading this were in fact at our wedding. But, do you really know how truly wonderful a person she is? She is the shining star in my life! That is, she makes my life so much better. She is also the following: super-fun, super-intelligent, super-sweet, super-beautiful, super-thoughtful. She means a lot to a lot of people, and thus is loved by so many. Sometimes she underestimates her greatness, but I suppose that is normal for such Titans of greatness. Let it be known that she is, plain and simple, truly remarkable.

I made this picture a long time ago, for Bridget, to express some of these sentiments. I think it certainly relevant in these times:


OH OH OH - and I just realized that I have not yet announced via the blog that I found a new place in Seattle for Bridget and I to move into! It's a three bedroom place on the tippy-top of Queen Anne in Seattle. It's a really nice place - multi-leveled, new hardwood floors, a lawn for gardening, just blocks away from the Queen Anne shops, and ALL TO OURSELVES! No more annoying neighbors upstairs! YAYAYAYAY!!! I move in on June 1st. Bridget moves in within the first week of July!

So, to recap: Disneyland rocks, my wife rocks even harder, and we'll be rockin' together with Kurt Cobain in Seattle before long.

5 comments:

  1. Holy sheesh. I hope I can live up to all those compliments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard Kurt Cobain lived in that very house. When Bridget the Great moves in, it will have two sources of greatness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can always hide in your attic and play crappy Phish and Dave Matthews cover songs?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Scooter, it would be even better if you hid in my attic and played your own really shitty originals, and sang with a really crappy falsetto voice. Oh, and if you could stomp around at 3:00 am that would be wonderful. Oh, and finally, if you and your girlfriend could have sex at 2:00, 4:00, and 6:00 am, and she could deliver ridiculously over-the-top fake orgasms each time, then that would be reallygreat. Then it would be as if I had never left...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can do a) and b) but not c)

    ReplyDelete