Sunday, May 16, 2010

May 16th, 2010

This weekend, Bridget visited my one bedroom apartment for the last time. In about two weeks, I leave this place forever, and on to greener pastures!

We saw these greener pastures this weekend. Bridget and I got to visit the new place, as the current tenants allowed us to take a peek. Bridget LOVES it (I did good!), and the place is even better than I remember. It has SO MUCH SPACE! I'm not sure we'll be able to fill it all. As such, there are some serious plans to buy some real furniture once she moves up. My sister's old futon and the free couch we got in Eugene simply won't do anymore. We are 30. We need to start living like it!

This weekend we also had a lovely time with Emily and Karen, and we all went to watch Babies (the documentary). It was a pretty fun little film. Since there is no narration and (obviously) no storyline, it is hard to know how the movie is progressing, and when it will end! As such, the ending caught me by surprise. I figured I had to see this movie, at least for professional reasons; whenever a Mom comes in for my studies, I'm sure they'll ask if I've seen the babies movie, and now I can say yes.

But there are other reasons I wanted to see it. No, Bridget is not pregnant. But this has been on my mind quite a lot lately:


And now for something completely different. I've been watching a lot of Monty Python lately, though Netflix. That show is so mind-blowingly crazy and hilarious. I still remember discovering this show with Brandon when we were in grade 8, and laughing so hard we almost pissed our pants as we watched episode 12, with the "Upper Class Twit of the Year". I've also been watching X-Files. I think I was too cool for school when this show first came out, when I was an anti-TV angst-filled teenager. But it's a really good show, and I love it now! Some episodes are ridiculously cheesy, but it is almost 20 years old, so I can cut it some slack.

So I'm going to watch some of that now, since Bridget has departed once again. But we're almost done - I have 1 more visit, she has 1 more, and then I fly out one-way to go pick her up and drive her to her new Seattle home! Life is wonderful, once you find you're almost out of the shit-filled tunnel.

2 comments:

  1. So, the baby you drew -- which country is the half a head of hair from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Canadian genes, of course! The big mouth, gargantuan eye, and eagle-like toes on the other side are courtesy of the American genes.

    ReplyDelete