Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Into the sound

Ahoy! I have returned from a short blogging hiatus. This past weekend was the awesomest of awesomes yet, because BRIDGET came to visit! We had an excellent time together. We walked around Fremont, had a barbecue with Emily and Karen (jerk catfish!), and went jogging around Green Lake. Happy times :) Best of all for her, she finally got to see Koshka and Maddy, after not seeing them for 5 whole weeks! They were very happy indeed. Koshka kept running up to the bed in the middle of the night and purring like a maniac. Maddy was, well, Maddy - you know how it is.

Last night I paid my yearly dues and became an official member of the Seattle Flying Dragons Boat Club. I am a flying dragon! (rawr). Last night was a "huli" (sp?) night - where we purposely tip the boat to practice what to do if the boat really tips by accident. So, yes, we went into Puget sound and got completely soaked. This was actually nice though - because there is a crazy-ass heat wave in Seattle over the next few days. So twas a nice cool-down. We are going to do it again on Wednesday, when it will be 100 degrees!!! This time I will bring a change of clothes though, for my bike ride home. The only bad thing about it is that it kinda stinks - the smell of the sound ain't that great :|

Another dragonboating fact for the Straubites: there is a guy on the team named David, who looks VERY SIMILAR to George Helbling. Then, when I talked to him, he also acted quite similar to George Helbling (talked my ear off about boating competitions). I'm going to have to ask him if he is a Helbling. Doesn't George have a twin? Did I hear that or make it up? Why would I make that up?! Maybe I did.

In other news, I am working hard on revising a manuscript for publication, which has been slow to get going, but is at least going. I'm picking up a bit of steam.

CHOO-CHOO!!!

1 comment:

  1. I'll go ask George if he has a twin...be back in about 4 days.

    ReplyDelete