Friday, July 31, 2009

Times of sorrow

I tried to go to a free concert alone tonight at the Seattle Center, but was plagued with sadness, and had to leave. Sad because there were three kinds of people there: 1) people with their friends , 2) people with their romantic partner, and 3) people with their romantic partner and babies/small children. All of these people make me sad, because I am alone, 1) without friends, 2) without my wife, and 3) without any of the babies Bridget and I will have in the near future. So I left. Let it be known that I tried!

After considering remaining at the concert and being sad, or coming home and eating ice cream and watching a movie, I decided to opt for the latter.

So, now I am home telling you this, and preparing to sit down and watch Shrieker with a bowl of Dreyer's Caramel Swirl ice cream.

Until happier days arrive, here is something to ponder:

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you were sad, and glad you used your coping skills! Hooray for ice cream! What was the free concert? Events at Seattle Center have a high likelihood of sadness because of the suckage of the place....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeph don't be sad! You traverse the waters in a dragon...you could never have done that in Eugene. Here in Eugene, dragons are merely fictional.

    ReplyDelete