Tuesday, June 29, 2010

IT'S OVER!

TODAY IS THE DAY! I AM FLYING DOWN TO GET BRIDGET!! IT'S OVER!!!

I could barely sleep last night. I woke up several times and couldn't get back to sleep because my mind was racing with excitement. After all, before I went to bed, I had finished with my last Skype conversation with Bridget in San Diego.

The deal: I am flying down today. Bridget's last day of internship is tomorrow. We leave San Diego on Friday, the 2nd, and will get to Seattle six days later on the 8th. On the way, we will stop in 1) Cupertino to visit Elaine and Wes and their new baby Emeline, 2) Eugene to visit Bridget's family and the remaining Eugeneians, and 3) Portland, to visit the many Portlanders!

This has certainly been a hard year. Most of the time, neither of us really thought about it, and gradually made ourselves get used to it. This is an adaptive thing to do, because you really can't function being sad or pissed-off all of the time. But the curtain is slowly rising. We are becoming aware of the unconscious despair as it slowly dissipates. Our regular life is returning! I'm sure that once we're back together, we will never understand how we possibly survived this past year. But the important thing is: We did it! WE DID IT!!!

Two other interesting things:
1) I am flying down in first class. *
2) I am bringing a dozen Top Pot donuts in my carry-on. **

So, this is my last post as a lonely, semi-single man. Karen asked me the other day if there is anything I'm going to have to give up. I started listing things that will change, but none of them really felt like things I was giving up. I will dragonboat much less, but that was just a filler while I was missing Bridget. I will eat donuts less, but they were also filling the void Bridget left. I will probably watch X-Files at a much slower pace, but onyl because I get to watch Star Trek with my B. Bear more often. So, ultimately, I will miss nothing, and can onyl look forward to the joys ahead. Next time I post, I will be writing as Super-Jeph, powered by a continuous flow of mega-love from the ultimate woman of my life and dreams!



* = free upgrade with bonus miles we saved up and needed to spend!
** = these are for the intern's Hail and Farewell Party tomorrow. Bridget's roommate really wants to try out the infamous delectables, and one of Bridget's intern buddies goes ape over these.

No comments:

Post a Comment